Simple answer: Add an employee to the sales distribution list
Leads are sent to everyone on the Sales Distribution (Contacts-Contact Lists-Sales Distribution List) contact list. If there are no contacts in the Sales Distribution list, you will get sent an email telling you that you are not sending leads.
It is important to note, this is an internal list. Only people who are employees of your account (i.e. are in the list Administration-Account Settings-Employees) and are in the Sales Distribution list will receive notifications when a conversion occurs.
Steps to add someone to the Sales Distribution List
- If not already in the account, add the contact as an employee of the account (Administration-Account Settings-Employees-[Add Employee])
- Edit the employee contact (click the pencil icon by the employee contact in the Employee list)
- Click on the Contact Details tab
- Scroll down to Contact Lists
- Click 'Add To List'
- Select Sales Distribution
Note: If your Sales Distribution List is empty, every time someone fills out a form, your technical contact will get an email stating that an error has occurred
Note: If you are sending leads to an email address that is unsubscribed, you will need to either remove the unsubscribed contact from the list or fix the issue that is causing the lead to be blocked (and hence unsubscribing).
As stated in the email, this email was sent for one of two reasons:
- You were sending to an empty contact list, or a contact list that contained non-employees
- You were sending to an email address that is unsubscribed or is invalid.
This email will also specify the workflow that sent the email, the account that workflow is in, and the contact list or email address that caused the error.
In order to set the proper sales list or email for the workflow step to send to, you must navigate to that workflow and edit the properties of that step.
For a contact list:
For an email address:
The next step is to make sure the step is emailing to a valid list or email. This process is explained in the following support articles:
Please sign in to leave a comment.