There are several ways that Contacts leave drip campaigns
- They complete a goal that is set to terminate the journey
- The contact runs out of actions (they fall out)
- A Wait action is deleted when that a contact is currently queued in
- Removed by an ActiveDEMAND user
- The contact no longer meets the campaign entrance criteria
- For user-triggered campaigns, the contact is removed using a 'Remove From Campaign' workflow action
1. Removing contact using a goal completion
All drip campaigns have an optional setting on the overview page "Stop processing prospects that have completed a goal':
If this is set, as soon as a contact completes any goal configured in the drip campaign, the prospect leaves the campaign
2. Contact falls out of the campaign
If a contact flows through the last step of a drip campaign, or they follow a path that ends (i.e. a decision that has no following steps) the contact will exit the campaign.
3. A Wait action is removed
If a Contact is queued in a wait state in the drip campaign, and the wait action is removed from the campaign, the user will drop out of the campaign
4. Removed by an ActiveDEMAND user
Any user who has access to ActiveDEMAND (API, or using extensions), can remove any contact from any drip campaign (Getting Started with User Triggered Campaigns). Additionally, a marketer can use the Bulk Edit (Contacts->All Contacts->Select contacts) to remove a contact from any drip campaign, regardless of whether it is a user-triggered or not. A great way to see what drip campaigns a contact is currently is in (and remove a contact from any drip campaign) by viewing the contact's edit page.
5. The Contact no longer meets the campaign entrance conditions
For campaigns that start with a 'contact changed' or 'Added to List' starting step. an option is exposed that allows you to remove a contact that no longer meets the entrance conditions
6. The Contact is removed via a 'Remove From Campaign' workflow action
For campaigns that use the 'User Triggered' starting step, you can use the workflow action 'Remove from Campaign' to configure campaign exists using workflow actions
Please sign in to leave a comment.