If your audio device didn't connect automatically, you can still make manual adjustments to your ActiveDEMAND audio settings.
Setting up your headset
Add Default Device (Windows)
If you are having difficulty connecting your headset to the dialer, usually it is because it is not set up as your default audio device.
Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices > Playback Devices
- Select your headset and choose Set as Default Device
- Remove any laptop or computer speakers by right-clicking and selecting Disable
- On the Recordings tab, select your headset device as the Default device
- On the Communication tab, select Do Nothing
- Click OK to save your changes
Follow these steps if you want calls to ring out of your computer speakers but answer calls through your headset:
- Control Panel>Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Device
- Keep your internal speakers set as your default device
- Right-click on your headset and select Default Communication Device
Add Default Device (Mac)
- System Preferences > Sounds
- On the Output and Input tabs, select the connected device you want to use
Setting up your browser
Open up a new tab in chrome. Paste this in the address bar:
Ensure your headset is selected and AcitiveDEMAND is listed under 'allow'