If you are looking to edit or change the system emails, what you need to do is actually make a new email that replaces the existing system email.
There are 6 types of system emails:
- User Confirmation
- Password Reset
- Two Factor Authentication
- User Unlock
- Call Completion Automation
- Content Notification
Each email also has at least one dynamic field you will need to include in the email in order for it to work correctly - which we will provide at the end.
First, let's make the email...
1. In your agency account, create a new email template
2. Select the email template you want to build your email from and name it. We recommend using one of the standard system templates
3. In the email builder, hit the email properties icon and select the type of email you want this to serve as. We will use a confirmation email for this example.
4. Build your email and make it look exactly how you want it to look. For this example, we are using a confirmation email and we want to have a 'confirm' button that allows a user to confirm their account. You need to add the following two dynamic field exactly as shown here:
5. Change the email header properties, use these variables:
Default from name: %AGENCY_ACCOUNT.BUSINESS_NAME%
Default from address: %AGENCY_ACCOUNT.COMPANY_CONTACT_EMAIL.EMAIL_ADDRESS%
Default reply to name: %AGENCY_ACCOUNT.BUSINESS_NAME%
Default reply to email address: %AGENCY_ACCOUNT.COMPANY_CONTACT_EMAIL.EMAIL_ADDRESS%
For all other email types, please review the required dynamic fields below to make sure your new system emails work as intended:
- Confirmation URL: %USER.CONFIRMATION_URL%%TOKEN%
- Password Reset URL: %USER.PASSWORD_RESET_URL%%TOKEN%
- Verification Code: %AUTHENTICATION_CODE%
- Unlock URL: %USER.UNLOCK_URL%%TOKEN%
- Call completion subject line: %CALL_AUTOMATION.SUBJECT%
- Sender Name: %SENDER.NAME%
- Sender email address: %SENDER.EMAIL.EMAIL_ADDRESS%
- Call completion message body: %CALL_AUTOMATION.MESSAGE%
- Built in notification text: %NOTIFICATION%