Integrating Instagram to ActiveDEMAND
- Login to ActiveDEMAND, go to Administration -> Account Settings -> Integration
- Click the “Add Social Media” button
- Choose your FB Page URL
- Authenticate ActiveDEMAND for your Facebook Account
- Select the Facebook page and Ad Account ID
- In the Instagram Integration section select your Instagram account
Note: If you have Facebook integrated into your account and you do not see an ‘Instagram Integration’ box at the bottom of the Integrations tab in your account settings, remove the Facebook integration and re-integrate it.
Post to Instagram:
- Click on the Instagram Post icon
- Add a name to the step and select schedule date/time and hit ‘Edit Step’ to continue with the post set up
- Within this window you can select the appropriate radio button if you want to upload an image or a video.
- Once you select the radio button you will get the option to “Select/Change Image” or video depending on which radio button was selected
- A pop up will open so you can either Upload a new image by clicking the “+Select Files” option or click on the “Static Images” tab to use an image already uploaded in your ActiveDEMAND account. After you selected your preferred image for the post hit “Save”
Note: To ensure the scheduled posts show on your Instagram feed correctly make sure the image or video meet the requirements at the end of this article.
You will be able to see a preview of the image selected. Add the content of the post and hit the Save button at the bottom of the page. Once everything looks as intended click on go back to the Campaign.
The scheduled post will appear on the Campaign Calendar.
Image and Video Specifications:
- Format: JPEG
- File size: 8 MB maximum.
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320 (will be scaled up to the minimum if necessary)
- Maximum width: 1440 (will be scaled down to the maximum if necessary)
- Height: Varies, depending on width and aspect ratio
- Color Space: sRGB. Images using other color spaces will have their color spaces converted to sRGB.
- Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
- Picture size:
- Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
- Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
- Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
- Video bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
- Audio bitrate: 128kbps
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum